Shortwave supports installing progressive web apps (PWA) on Chromium-based browsers or in Safari on macOS Sonoma 14 (beta).
After signing in, just hit the download icon in the URL bar to get started.
- Go to app.shortwave.com in Chrome, Edge, or any other Chromium-based browser
- Click the install button at the end of the address bar
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- To run the app on startup, go to
about://apps in your browser
- Right click Shortwave
- Select Start app when you sign in
Don't see the install button?
- Our app currently isn't supported with Firefox as the default browser
- If you've installed the app previously, you may see the option to open Shortwave in your URL bar:
Note: this only works on macOS Sonoma 14 with Safari version 17.0 or newer
- Go to app.shortwave.com in Safari
- Open menu item File > Add to Dock
- Confirm the app name & icon and click Add